Our life has been extremely over-the-top, can't-think-straight-busy the past couple of months.
But tonight, we all sat down, as a family, and watched a movie. Honestly, cannot remember the last time that all six of us did that. It was great.
And I highly recommend this movie. It is, simply put, a reminder of the importance of godly fathers.
I am one of the blessed ones that was raised by a godly father, and who married a godly man who fathers our children well. There were many tears tonight as the movie struck on so many things. And the reminder of who we are ministering to. We decided this would be a great movie to show in our Thursday night NetGroup, but I began to think about the different kids who do not have have fathers, or do not have fathers that are there for them. I can see that it will be a night of deep ministry.
It is hard to believe it is almost Christmas, especially since we are all still wearing shorts. The early mornings and evenings get cool, but it is definitely not cold. Sunday, we are looking forward to a special service. When we asked how many would be in town and come to church, about half of the people said they will be here. Then, we will join one of our families' extended family for Christmas dinner. I am looking forward to a special day, enjoying my husband and children and the special Spiritual family that God has brought into our lives.
We have been blessed recently beyond what we could imagine. The fun part has been "spreading the blessings" with others. Without sharing details, it has been awesome to get to surprise a few families and help make their Christmas a little more special. It is not about the gifts, but gifts are fun. I have struggled a little, feeling that I cannot get things here, for my children, that I can in the states. But family and friends have brought things and are sending things that my children will be so excited about.
Erika is my smallest, my baby, the one I want to feel especially excited Christmas morning. I have found some small things...but nothing that would be really that exciting. Well, yesterday, I was so excited to walk into a local store that sells items from the US. I never know what will be there, but they had just gotten in a fresh stock and immediately when I walked in, I saw a pink, plastic Radio Flyer scooter...for cheap! I quick grabbed it and asked them to hold it for me while I looked some more. I cannot wait to see Erika's face Christmas morning... there is a friend here that has one...that she adores everytime we go to her house. Now, Erika will have one of her own. God is good and blesses us. And when my baby is blessed, I am blessed too. SHHHH, dont tell Erika our little secret.
And, I have not blogged since Sunday...our biggest day so far. We had 91 in the house!! It was so awesome...and God stretched the food. It was after our big night at Legacy Got Talent, so an especially busy couple of days...here are a couple of photos of our weekend:)
| After her performance...she did amazing... |
| Sunday morning...not a place even to put any more chairs... |
| "LifeNet" performed for our service |
| Our children "froze up", but they were adorable anyway |
| Carolyn and Tirzah danced together...it was beautiful... |
![]() |
| Monday night was the Christmas parade and Christian night at the park...Look at these two beauties... |




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.