Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First Half of our Trip


I can't believe it has been two weeks since I last wrote a post.  Life has been incredibly busy.  We have been in the states for almost two weeks now.  I have a ton of pictures, but our lives have been full with graduation, weddings, speaking at churches, large and small, seeing family, visiting a college, and lots and lots of doctor visits and shopping!

Our family has been so awesome to us.  We have been blessed to spend time with both of our parents, and all of our siblings, nieces and nephews.  We have squeezed in times with friends.  There is just never enough time.  Today, I have been busy since early this morning and need to be settling soon.



Our main base has been Wayne and Jodie's home.  They have spoiled us rotten!  The kids are enjoying the time with their cousins when they get home from school. 


Here are a few pics of the trip so far:


waiting to board the plane...
breakfast with Lee's parents and cousins

watch out Belize...here she comes:)



Mother's Day weekend was the first time in four years (my brother's wedding) that my entire family was able to get together.  Mom is just glowing with all eleven of her grandchildren around her!  We all had such a great time barbecuing in the park.  The Lord gave us a beautiful day as well.







Sunday, Mother's Day, we ministered in Waxahachie.  And Tori's best friend showed up!  What a blessing and awesome surprise.  So afterwards, for lunch, we had my parents, Emily's family, a few girls from CFNI and the Next Gen pastor.  It was so much fun!


The beginning of our trip included a few small hiccups.  But God has stepped in and began to bless us, refresh us in such great ways.  As we have gone to doctors and dentists, God has given us favor as we paid the bills.  When we have had to stay in hotels, He has done the same.  The trip has been great to just get away from the constant that ministry is.  We have still been extremely busy, but it has just been a different type of busy.  We have been showered with Love by our friends and family here in the states.  And that love energizes to keep going.

We enjoyed going to the theatre the first time in about three years.
Lots of waiting in Dr. offices.  So thankful to have shows recorded on my I touch to entertain Erika.
Lunch with these special girls.  Planning short and long term trips to Belize.
These girls have been friends since they were in diapers.  Its amazing how time and distance is laid down when they see each other.  I love their relationship and love for each other.
What a blessing to enjoy a special mother/daughter brunch with my girls, my mom, my mom in law and sis in law.  Thank you Jodie!

And then Lee got to perform the wedding of someone very special to us.  His favorite part was wearing the robe:)
Erika with the daughter of the bride at the rehearsal dinner.  We didn't take the kids to the wedding so we could have a little "date night".
And of course, Corey was stunning.
We were also blessed to squeeze in an evening with Alice Salinas for family photos.  She was busy taking the wedding pictures as well.  I know I will treasure these photos so much.

There are so many things going on that have not been recorded in pictures.  We have shared about Belize in several churches, met with several pastors and friends.  It is a busy time for us.  But also a time of blessing.  People wanting to know what they can pray for and we know they will.  Sunday morning at Life Church in Katy, two special ladies prayed over me.  I cried like a baby.  Not because I was sad,  just because they knew exactly what and how to pray for me.  I am so incredibly blessed to have a  family in Belmopan, Belize.  And I am so incredibly blessed to have a family in Katy, Texas, as well.
Our physical family  has gone out of their way to serve us and love on us.  It is like Christmas, Easter, and all our birthdays rolled up into one trip.

At the end of the week, we will begin our road trip to Florida for Convention.  It is hard to leave our family once again, but also a blessing for our little family to get some time away.  Please pray for our safety as we travel.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.