Thursday, October 17, 2013

40 is not too bad:)

Everyone makes such a big deal about turning 40.  Yes, I do feel older than I did at 30.  But I also love how much farther I am in so many areas than when I was 30 too.  Did I know ten years ago that I would be living in Belize?  Nope.  Wouldn't have even considered it.  But God has done so much in me these past years.  

This morning as I was preparing what I will teach on at Marla's children's home on Saturday...I thought, I never would have done this ten years ago.  God has brought me so far.  And I love how He just gently leads me here and there as I prepare.  When I first decided to start ministering to the girls, I thought, what will I do, where will I start?  But it is just like the Manna in the desert...He really just gives it to me one week at a time.  I do not have the next year planned out.  Just this weekend:)

Back to my bday...  This weekend, the weather was so beautiful.  We woke up early and visited Cahal Pech, some ruins in Cayo we have never been to before.  The welcome center was so pretty and the view of San Ignacio was gorgeous.  The ruins were really cool and it was kind of neat to just have the time with my kids.  I have some pretty amazing kids.












  And it was neat afterwards to walk the streets of San Ignacio, not as a short term missionary, but rather as a resident of this nation.  One who lives here, and truly cares about the nation beyond today and this moment.




This is the no-makeup, hair up, me





the ferry...only three cars at a time




They have recently spent a lot redoing the streets in Cayo.  Just beautiful.  Very touristy too...but very, very nice.  We had a yummy lunch at a new restaurant.  I loved it.  Lee said it was more of a girly restaurant.  Perfect for lunch:)  The view was amazing there as well.

Then we stopped in Spanish Lookout for Ice Cream.  We used to ferry to get there quicker and that was pretty cool too.  Hand cranked.  Crazy.  That guy was strong.

Tuesday, I decided just to relax.  To let some things I normally do go.  No laundry, minimal clean up.  The house was cleaned pre-birthday.  Lee and Tori brought me a beautiful vase of Belizean flowers.  They are still in full bloom.  Lee and I went and enjoyed lunch for just us.  It was nice.  My greatest gift is just to get some time alone with the love of my life.  Then, that night, Lee and the kids threw me a party.  I was so blessed to have friends from the church (and outside) stop by.  Laura and Barry made a yummy cake and lots of fruit.  Notice the grapes?  They are really special  here.  But all the fruit was amazing.  And there was quite a bit left over, so I froze lots of it for future smoothies!!!




And I want to say thank you to all who came and loved on me for my bday, the hilarious video made for me and all the well wishes and messages on my Bday.  It is so hard to be away from my family for now my third birthday...and friends that I used to get together with every single year.  But I am thankful for my husband and children here, and friends here, who took time to make me feel loved:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.