Being a pastor's wife, I have worked with all kinds of people dealing with all kinds of situations. We all have stories. Our hearts must never forget to have compassion.
When we were in Dallas for Convention, we were eating at a Subway downtown and a homeless woman came in. Who knows what that poor lady had been through in her lifetime. She came in to use the restroom and didn't make it. As a family, our hearts broke for her. She came over to our table, not a tooth in her mouth, and asked if we could just buy her a sandwich. Obviously one meal won't change her situation. But one meal helped her feel loved and worth something, even for just a moment. I thought about her a lot that day. We encounter so much poverty where we live, but it is everywhere. Even in America. And sometimes people are in those situations because of their own bad choices. But sometimes people are in those situations because of others' bad choices.
This weekend, I was moved by someone I really love...who has found healing and made good choices that have affected her whole family. I was reminded over and over that God is for us. He wants to redeem broken lives. And really, only He can. We help. We make decisions to go that way. But we truly need God's intervention.
In eight short days, I will be moving Josh into his dorm. We will enjoy a family vacation with both sets of grandparents and my brother and sister in law this week. I am really looking forward to it. Just relaxing and enjoying all three of my kids. I'm missing Lee and so grateful to him for letting me have this time with Josh before I have to leave him.
Please continue to pray for the perfect job for Josh as we get him settled in Waxahachie. He has been blessed with a beautiful, safe, sound car. He has his Belizean license, but please pray that we can get his Texas Drivers License before I leave. It would make me feel better. He is doing great driving, although still novice, he is picking it up. Pray for his protection as he drives and learns the way around Waxahachie. I am feeling pretty peaceful at the moment, but as the time draws near to drive away and then fly home to Belize, this momma still sees this 18 year old boy as a baby...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.