Monday, March 16, 2015

Friendship

Talk to any missionary on the field and they will tell you that friendships are difficult.  You relate more to other missionaries, yet they come and go.  So, you should be closer to the people of the country you live in, yet, there is always somewhat of a gap. 

So, finding a friend, that you can be totally vulnerable and open with, who is on the field with you, rather than just through Facebook, is priceless.

When people have asked to pray for me, it has been one of my biggest requests for myself and my girls.

The Lord has blessed us with friends recently.  I just went and spent some time with a very special woman.  Our connections run deep.  Both believers on the mission field, fostering to adopt children.  Hers are babies, mine a teen.  Yet, this common ground.  I could literally spend hours with her, yet saw that if I left, she may actually get a little rest while her babies slept.  But to have a friend, who will drop everything and just let you come and hang.

Friendship is so refreshing and so necessary.  I am so grateful for my friends in Texas and California.  They keep me going, encourage me, support me.  Yet, they do not live day to day life out with me.  So, having a friend here, where we actually have little time to just sit and visit, is life for me.

I am so thankful.

I still pray for that deep friendship for my two middle girls.  That the Lord would bring someone who uniquely gets them...and someone just fun to hang out with:)

We have a team coming in anytime today...so busy week ahead:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.