Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What does family look like?

When all of this happened with Erika about a month ago, all I wanted was to go home and be with my family.  I am one of those people who is blessed with an amazing extended family.  But God began to show me something.  That He has given me quite a family here in Belize.  Of course, I still want to go home and see my biological family, but He has been showing me something very powerful.  As we began to share what was going on with Erika, one of my friends messaged me and shared how she has wept over this and has been praying and fasting for her.  When we shared with our leaders (Erika was in another room), one of the men that has been with us since the beginning, prayed such a passionate prayer over Erika's life, filled with such love.  Afterwards, his wife came and shared a vision of Erika sitting on Jesus' lap just laughing and having a great time.  And one of my friends who teaches Ballet, chose Erika for a special part, before I talked to her. She felt the Lord wanted her to do the part because of the meaning of this song:

HE WANTS IT ALL (Watch in Separate Post)

When I downloaded the song and Erika heard it, she just began to dance to the Lord in our living room.  Many words have been spoken that seem to say that the Lord is going to use this experience to draw her into a more intimate relationship with Him.  I have played it over and over, quite often crying.  I feel this journey has been hardest on me.  I am the one she runs to, hides her head in, when she is struggling.  Yet, I also feel God is healing her.  We had a very powerful service a few weeks ago and she went forward first, without me.  I later joined her when there was a call to healing.  But no matter what happens, the Lord has given me peace that He loves Erika more than I do.  His plans for her are bigger than I could ever understand.  And my job is just to love her and support her through her journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.