This past week, we celebrated five years of living in Belize. We have reminisced our first days here. Moving to an apartment, then our house. Buying a car. Everything was so new. The Lord gave us so many divine appointments in those early days. Many relationships that have grown over the past years. The Lord sent us here with dreams and a vision. We are still walking it out.
We are in the process of applying for nationalization. We have been busy with medical exams, getting background checks, you name it. It's been busy but we think we have everything ready to turn in March 1st.
Our kids have grown up so much since we moved here five years ago. Lee and I have grown and changed too. We have experienced things here we never had before. We've learned that pastoring in another country is very different. Culture affects so many things. Gods Word is the same everywhere but there are definitely different ways of seeing things when you are ministering outside the Bile belt.
In five years, I have learned how to cook, learned to appreciate saving electricity by hanging some things on the line, learned that it is actually possible to live without AC and learned to appreciate things I used to take for granted. I have stepped out of my comfort box, allowed God to stretch me and use me in ways I never would have imagined.
Five years is a big deal. A large portion of our lives. Wonder what He will do in the next five years?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.