One of the hardest parts of being on the mission field is being away from family on the holidays. I don't think I'll ever get used to it. But also, seeing everyone else with their families...and people in your church are all getting together with their families...or that is just how it feels.
But then, you pull yourself together...and thank the Lord that you have children and a husband, and try to make it special with just you:) This year, we last minute invited a girl and her baby that I minister to. And it was great. There were lots of selfies, lots of joy being with our church family, and we enjoyed a yummy lunch. I even learned how to make rolls from scratch. This was such an accomplishment for me and everyone enjoyed.
Baby girl slept all through lunch and for two hours more. Her mom said our house is cooler...and it was hot yesterday. Easter service probably wore her out. And it was nice for me to see her mom be able to relax a little. She works hard almost every day and was so excited to get Easter day off. We just had missionary friends come and give her so many clothes...including this precious dress.
This year, all the girls decided to wear dresses. Everyone looked so beautiful. My heart is always a little sad not to have Josh here, but I know he is in a good place.
These beautiful girls. It is amazing how much they even are starting to look alike. They are each so different, yet when it comes down to it, I love to see them love each other. I look forward to our time in the states and just getting to hang out with them.
Overall, Easter was great. I have a lot of feelings right now, sending Tori to Turkey. I just want to enjoy every moment until she leaves. And then cover her in prayer the whole time she is there. It is the scariest thing I have done so far as a mother. Even now, she is in the room, making preparations, packing. I know she will do great. It will be life changing for her. I'm proud of her boldness and bravery. But she is still my baby girl. This is her and I Thursday night before Net. She is a beautiful girl. Inside and Out.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.