Thursday, June 15, 2017

Leaving Tori for College

Three years ago, we took Josh to college.  Thankfully  my parents came and drove me back to Houston.  I could not have done it.  Josh has thrived and we are so proud of him.  But I still miss him being here.  When he arrived home from his mission trip to India, he was sick, and I was glad that Lee and I were there to take him to the doctor.  Because even when your child is grown, they are still your baby.  The three weeks we had together as a family were such a blessing to me.  Josh being with all of the girls...just brought so much joy and laughter.  We were complete for those weeks.

But then we came back to Katy, and it was time to pack up and come back to Belize.  Monday night, there were many tears as we spent time in our room with all five of our kids.  Speaking words of encouragement, but also sadness, as Tori would not return with us.  But knowing that growing up is part of having a child.  Yes, we know that they cannot live with us forever.  But the pain of missionary life is that I have to leave her several months early so that she can learn to drive in America.  The pain that I can't just drive and see her when I miss her...or if she misses me.  But I am thankful that I will get to go in August to take her to college.  And that Wayne and Jodie will be there to drive me back to Houston:)  I am so thankful for a brother and sister in law that have taken in my two oldest children.  That they are working with her to drive, help her find a job, be there for her when it is hard.

One thing of living on the mission field, is that it has taught me to treasure time with people.  With friends.  With family.  With my children.  Because time is so precious and goes so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.