Monday, October 22, 2018

Weight of the World

Yesterday was our first big event as GO Church.  As people began to come, and we were starting to worship, I just felt the weight of the world.  God has brought us the most amazing people, hungry to serve and reach out to this huge city of Katy.  But He has also brought us many wounded hearts.  I know the weight of being in ministry.  I have been most of my life.  I know that many people are in our congregation that have been hurt in other congregations.  I don't ever want to be that...the person who hurts another.  I want Lee and I to always encourage and walk with people where they are.  Love them as they walk with God. 

At the end, I went and talked to a few different people, just trying to connect.  Even if we pastored them before, a lot has happened since we were gone.  Their family dynamics have changed.  And so have ours.  But out of nowhere, I just felt complete exhaustion.  Like I was not sure I would be able to carry my crock pot to the car and drive home.  But I did.

This morning, I took a walk in my neighborhood.  One for the exercise.  Two, just to be alone with Jesus.  He reminded me that this burden is not from Him.  He takes the weight.  I need to just walk close to Him, listen to His heart, as He is sending the people to Lee and I because He trusts us.  This is the same word He gave to me before we went to Belize.  That He was sending us, because He trusted us with the people who He would send to us.

Please pray for us.  This journey of church planting is intense.  God is doing great things, but the spiritual warfare is heavy.  Whenever God is about to do big things, we know the battle is real.  We need His strength as we make decisions.  We need His strength as we pour into people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.