Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cooking is a little confusing

Yesterday was my first day home alone...and probably my last for a long time.

All day, I worked setting up the home office, settling the kitchen, unpacking boxes...but when everyone came home, it didn't look like I had done anything!

SO, with my unpacked kitchen, I decided to cook a nice dinner for my family in our new home...

Well, I could not find anything...then, there was no counter space for me to prepare the food, I burnt the rolls because apparently, this oven is much hotter than my old one... But still, my family was thankful for a homecooked meal and ate the burnt rolls anyway...aren't kids great?

Oh, and I made rice using my spices from Belize. It was good, except I used Brown rice, and I think it would have been better with white...so I will try that next time.

I am continuing to try to settle today. I did vacuum, which helped a lot. It made things look neater just doing that. When Josh comes home, I am going to have him help me take out the empty boxes, which will also neaten things up a little.

Off to work I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.