Lee and I had debated back and forth on whether we should put Erika in preschool next year (at the church), but had agreed that it was not an option as our income would not afford it. I will begin homeschooling the kids this fall and had thought it would be good for her to go just to allow us to get in the swing of things before we moved. Plus she has done so well in the preschool the past two years.
Sunday, our preschool director asked if I was going to enroll her and I said "no". She said someone had offered to pay for Erika to attend. I was shocked. I don't know if you read my blog...but I am so blessed. Lee was so thankful as well.
I am excited to be home full time now, but with homeschooling for the first time and preparing for an out of the country move, my plate is full, just in a new way. So knowing now that I will get two days a week to purely focus on Josh and Tori, it is a tremendous blessing.
God is already showing us in so many little ways, that He knows our needs and desires and takes care of the details. It is very different for Lee and I to be in the FUNDRAISING mode. It is new and a little frightening. It is a totally different walk of faith for us. We cannot "earn our keep" as we have done in the past, but have to totally rely on the Lord to provide. We, of course, have always relied on Him as we have pastored churches over the years, but this is new and more extreme. But God has called us and we just have to believe that He will get us to Belize because He is the one who told us to go.
When we were at Convention a couple of weeks ago, Frances Chan spoke. This was very special to Lee and I because the week after we told Life Church we were called to the mission field, Frances and his wife also made the same announcement. As we watched it, he expressed so beautifully what we were feeling. At convention, he said so many things that just spoke directly to me, what I am experiencing right now. The most awesome thing he shared was that it is in crisis, or removing yourself from safety, that you are the closest and most dependent on God. That is so true. As Lee and I step out in total faith to what God has called us to do, I feel Him more, I seek Him more...This last year has been amazing as He has pushed me out of my comfort zone big time. But I wouldn't change it. There are so many things that are uncertain about the future, but one thing I know, God goes with me. When I am in Belize and come across a situation that I feel unprepared for, He will help me, He will guide me, and will give me the strength to walk it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.