Monday, June 14, 2010

Seizing the Moments





I am at a very different place in my life right now. I, for so many years, have lived in a rush. I find that I am changing right now. I am enjoying the moments.

Today, we went and visited a friend, who also blessed Tori with some amazing hand me downs. It was so relaxing just to sit and catch up with her and share the things the Lord has been doing in our lives. Then we ran a few other errands, came home and spent the afternoon swimming in the "fun" pool. I had such a great time just hanging out and laughing with Josh, while Tori played with her friend...and Erika did her own thing. I have laughed more in the past month, than I can remember in forever. Laughter is such awesome medicine for your soul.
We were not able to swim much on our trip just because we were too busy, but since we have been home, we have been swimming a lot. I want to enjoy this time. I don't know that we will have public pools in Belize... although I have an idea of creating one and using it as an outreach:) But anyway, I just want to enjoy the pools while we have them. And enjoy my kids while I still have them too....Hey, and I will have an amazing tan by the end of the summer:)
Another seizing the moment: I was able to pray with someone dear to me yesterday to receive Christ as her Savoir. I cannot explain how awesome that was. I was shaking as I walked back to my seat. I am so excited to now get the blessing of discipling her and connecting her to a cell group in the church. God is awesome and knew that this is perfect timing in my life...and hers.
And my first picture on here is my dear friend, Riqui. We spontaneously decided to stop and see her family on our way home. Riqui and have been friends since we were both just having our first babies. She is a friend that listens and encourages me every time I call. And what is so awesome is that our daughters also have a very special friendship. And that encourages me because we have not always lived in the same city as this family, yet God has sustained our friendship. We are always there for each other, even though we are miles away. So, as it is bittersweet each moment I have with my amazing friends here in Katy, I know the Lord will sustain what He has started even when we move to Belize....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.