Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Independence Parade

Yep, we are listening to Christmas music right now.   It is a cool 85 degrees inside my house right now...  We actually drank cocoa last night while watching a movie.  Yes, we are looking towards cooler weather...and it is cooler...but definitely not cold.  Just a little less sweating.  Today, we got a very large cool breeze blowing into our house, then some rain.  It was nice.  It rained a lot last night and I'm hoping the same tonight.  It is just so beautiful with the open windows, fans going, and rain on the tin roof.  I love this weather.

We have had a very full, very busy ten days with this little one.  She loves these chairs of Erika's and has claimed them as her own. Good thing we have two.  Tomorrow, her guardians will come pick her up and life will go back to normal here at the Brockintons.  I have thoroughly enjoyed rocking this sweet girl, giving her bottles, taking her for walks...just enjoyed having a sweet baby in the house again.  But I have also been really stretched.  My life is so full already with three children, homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, being a pastor's wife.  So, although we will miss this sweet girl when she leaves, it will be nice to get back to our own household.  Erika loves having her here, but is definitely suffering from feeling jealous as well.  



Friday, we took the day off, but I think Lee and the kids worked harder than ever.  Thursday night we had celebrated by watching the Christian parade pass by at the end of the street, but passed on the festivities at the assembly steps this year because we were just too tired.  We were awakened at 12:30 by quite a fireworks show.  Then, Friday morning, I woke up and made red and blue pancakes to celebrate Belize's birthday.  They were a big hit!!!



This little girl loves to eat!!!  In fact, typically we have her eat in just her diaper...so one day she wanted to eat, so started taking off her shirt.  It was so funny.  Mealtime is very happy for her and we usually have to give her a bath right after because she is so messy.  But glad she loves it so much.   She also LOVES music and goes crazy when she hears music...that made it fun to take her to the parades.  And she is so cute.  She loves reading and will "read" the books over and over, so intent.


Alina came over early and the girls all sprayed their hair with colored hairspray that we had been given.  It was so fun for them.  I really want to do this with the children's church...the kids would love having their hair sprayed different colors.



As everyone else headed to be in the parade and pass out waters, the little girls and I stayed home, the baby napped and we packed a lunch...not knowing how long we would have to wait.  It was fun for them to eat a "picnic" lunch down there.


And then, there they were...our church, LifeNet, passing out waters.  It was actually a little emotional when I saw them coming around the bend...my church family, blessing this community around me.  I was standing with my neighbor watching the parade and just loved how her family was blessed, along with everyone else...







Then, we headed back to the house with Sara and her girls....

One more picture of Erika's cute hair...Tori's is still tinted red three days later!!!


The rest of these great pictures are from Alina...she takes awesome pictures and saw a lot of stuff I didn't get to see, so I really appreciated the pictures...



Getting everything set up...





They filled up the back of the pickup with 2000 shiling waters...that is a lot of water!!


Josh said it felt so good!!!








These are two of our girls who are in the Steel Drum band...they have been so busy this month with so many parades...two awesome young ladies really growing in the Lord...




So glad to see he drank a little water:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.