Thursday, March 13, 2014

Enjoying the Little Things

Life has been busy while Lee was gone for a few days.  Keeping the house running on top of the millions of things I needed to prepare for... A birthday party to shop for, children's church to prepare, game day at the children's home.  The list goes on.

But, over these past few days I realized what great kids I have.  They have helped do things.  And they are great company.  I was never lonely or bored for one moment.  Just keeping the dogs fed and watered sometimes feels like a full time job.  It is super hot these past days, so we are constantly taking them cooler water.

Erika slept with me the past couple of nights.  We both just happened to wake up really early this morning (5:30).  I had lots to do, but as we lay there talking, I was reminded what a gift I have in this little person.  Its been a long time since I have gotten to experience this "early morning sweetness" with her.  I told her, and meant it, that adopting her was one of the best decisions I ever made.  This strong, strong girl that is so full of love.  She loves people.  She is full of life and joy.  Everywhere she goes, she brightens up the room.  And I get to be her mommy:)  I am so incredibly blessed.  When I walk into stores and don't have her, she is always asked about.  They all love their Erika.

Tuesday while Erika had ballet, Tori begged to go hang out with the girls at the children's home.  I love this heart I see emerging in her.  She loves these girls.  She literally cannot get enough of their hugs.  And they love her so much too.  Wondering what God has in store for her future.  And out of her kindness, she is working on a photo album for a girl who just had a baby there.  Her skills are amazing and I can't wait to see the finished scrapbook we will make for her...

And Josh, my young man.  A couple of nights, he was out late with friends.  And I thought, wow, this is what it will be like when I come home in June.  Except he won't eventually yell in at the gate.  How can you miss someone so much even when they are still here?  I am so proud of him.  He is working hard to wrap up school.  And there are so many things we have to do on this end to prepare leaving him on that end.  And he always does as he is asked.  He will leave such a big hole in our home...

Today we go pick up Lee.  He is already travelling now.  What a long day he has ahead of him.  Can't wait to see him....and then we will be complete again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.