Thursday, March 20, 2014

Getting Ready

Its just a few weeks away until we get to come home and see everyone...

This week has been full of preparations.  Calling and making doctor's appointments, getting Josh a new passport, trying to finish the school year...or at least stay on track.  Planning two months of children's church...on top of what I do each week already.  So much to do.  Even doing some shopping online.  With free shipping, I have discovered it saves me so much time to just go ahead and buy things and have them waiting for us.  You see, when you only shop once a year, there is so much to remember.  So many things that I can only get this one time I come home:)

I always like to evaluate where I am "at" as we look towards a little break from missionary life.  The first time we were here for 18 long months with no break at all.  No running through a drive through, no trips to Walmart, and on and on.  By the time we got home, I was just overdue of so many things...emotionally, spiritually, etc.  Last year, we went again and it had only been like 9 months, with a short trip to North Carolina in between, so I went home not really "needing" it as much.  But this year, it has been a rough year at times.  I think we have walked through some of the most difficult things in all of our years of ministry.  BUT we have survived and our faith is stronger than ever.  I have done things out of my comfort zone this past year that I have never done before.  I have ministered in ways that I never have before.  But, I am ready.  Ready to see our families.  Ready for life in AC.  Ready for some shopping.  Ready for some different food!!!!  Ready for some rest.  Because life in ministry is intense.  And it is hard to get a break.  Really get away.  Because there is always something we need to do...

Emotionally, the hardest part is knowing that as the time draws near, the time with Josh gets shorter.  But, although I know it will be hard to leave him, I really feel that I am at a place of peace now.  Knowing this is part of having kids.  They grow up.  They eventually move out and start their own lives.  And he is so ready.  So, we have made all the prep we know to make.  He will get his drivers license here next week on his 18th bday...  He will finish his senior year soon.  And then we get two awesome months with him, before leaving him to find a job and then start college in the fall.  Praying that all the processes go smoothly:)

This year is full of change for our family.  As Josh leaves, Elizabeth will be joining us.  We are in the beginning stages of building our own church building.  And as I know from the past, that involves a lot of work.  So I am looking forward to a little relaxing in the states before this next year begins:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.