Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Devil is a Liar

The last couple of days it has been just the two younger girls and I, while the others are on the Mission Trip to Caye Caulker.  As I took the girls to eat, I felt people looked at me...a white woman with two hispanic girls.  In a few years, this will be my norm, though, as Tori leaves and goes to college like her brother.  But I also think how God knew I would not be ready for an empty nest so soon, so he just refilled it:)

Raising two girls who feel rejected by the woman who gave birth to them, there is so much healing needed.  I am thankful that the conversations come up and we are able to talk, though.  This morning, one shared of a dream, where she was being told she was not wanted once again.  It broke my heart and I asked for the Lord to give me the words to say.  I do believe that love covers a lot.  That is my thing lately.  That our love for these girls can help defeat the lies that the enemy tells them.  That I constantly can share of my love for them and that I would never not want them.  And that maybe more than them not being wanted that maybe their birthmoms simply could not take care of them.  I shared of my older sister being adopted as a tiny baby...how my parents so desperately wanted her...

Some days I feel overwhelmed at the task the Lord has given me.  But most days I feel overly blessed that He chose Lee and I.  That He knew we could be the ones to build and grow these girls.  That He could use us to heal the deep wounds of the past.  When I was at lunch yesterday with the girls, we just had so much fun.  We have played games and laughed and laughed the past couple of days.  I am thankful for these days.  I am thankful for the two precious jewels He has entrusted to our care.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.