Thursday, January 8, 2015

Goodbyes Stink!

We had a wonderful visit with my in-laws and Josh.  I really cannot believe how fast the ten days flew by.  It just felt so good to have my family all under one roof.  It was good to sit across the table and see Josh.  It was good to see Josh torment his sisters with teasing.  It was good to play games as a family.  It was just good.

But today we took them to the airport.  And that was really, really hard for me.  As they got closer to leaving, the lump in my throat grew and grew.  As I gave Josh a hug, he said, "you gonna cry?"  I said, "in the van..."

But then the flood hit.  

One of the very high costs of being on the mission field.  

The goodbyes.

And they stink.

And they get harder instead of easier.

And then people say "two more years for Tori."

I am so grateful how well Josh is doing in school, in his life, on his own.

I am so grateful for our families, who visit him, minister to him, love on him, spoil him.

I am so grateful for his University, that specifically ministers to missionary kids.

But NONE of that takes away how much I miss him.  The moment he left, I felt such a deep hole.  But it will get easier.  Because each day will get busy.  And I will have things to do.  And all of a sudden, I will once again be counting down the days to seeing him again.

And this is just part of our kids growing up.

We have had two new baby boys born this week in the church.  One last Saturday and one today.  And my advice?  Savor every single moment.  Because they go so fast.  And when you are with them, savor the moments as well.

I now know how our parents felt/feel.

At least a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.