Today my Mom is 70. Next year, she and my father will celebrate 50 years of marriage.
I asked this summer for pictures so I could prepare something for their anniversary. But as I scanned the pictures, it was an emotional experience. Seeing my parents' lives in pictures. A life before me, raising me, after I left the house. In 50 years of marriage, 70 years of life, my 18 years at home were just a small portion of my mother's life.
I was able to see where my children and I got our curly hair.
This picture of my mother on her wedding day is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen. I see true, full joy, marrying a man that she loves even more deeply today. Theirs is a story of real love. Committed love.
Or when my Mom and Dad sold most of their belongings and packed up their little family and moved across the country to attend Bible college. The things she must have been carrying in her heart. My parents' obedience to Christ...even in leaving everything...their friends, family and home would forever affect my life. Their willingness to follow Christ impacted my walk with the Lord in such a tremendous way.
And then all her children began leaving the nest. And we started having our own babies. Then Mom became Grandma...and she loves those grandbabies.
Its hard when your kids grow up and move away. But Mom stays busy. Even into their seventies, my parents still serve the Lord wherever they go. They may be retired from nursing, but still minister to people in hospitals all the time. They may be retired from full time ministry, but still love to teach and share about the Lord.
Happy Birthday, Mom!!!
Thank you for teaching me to love the Lord.
And thank you for loving your family...
All I ever wanted to do was be a Mom...







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.