Whew! Its been a while since I was on here. Life has been busy.
We are halfway through our second week of homeschool. It is going well, but it is going to be a full year for everyone. I have two high schoolers and one fifth grader.
We are also hoping for our girls to grasp guitar this year. They are required, as part of their school day to practice at least 30 minutes, and then have a group lesson Friday night. Our heart is that they would be able to play well enough, that they would have portable music anywhere they go in life. That they could worship and lead in worship wherever the Lord may send them.
This week, Tori and Erika have been attending Spanish for 2 1/2 hours each morning and then coming home and doing school. They are learning so much and it is really given Tori some understanding that she just couldn't get through her homeschool teacher. We may even have her continue as the year goes on. Again, grasping another language is more than just education, but a tool that the Lord can use in their lives. Kailey, of course, is already bilingual. And I cannot tell you how many times that has come in handy.
One thing about them being gone each day is that I never have that. My girls are always with me and are always home. It has been kind of nice to give Kailey some one -on-one attention while the girls are gone. And I think it has been fun for them to have someone else pour into them. And the house is so quiet with Erika gone.:)
So our days have been busy. I always like to start the school year strong, when the enthusiasm is still high:) We have definitely started strong and are in a good homeschooling groove.
Josh has been busy working this summer, fitting in a few little trips with Wayne and Jodie's family. We miss him so much. Soon, he will head back up to SAGU and start his sophomore year. We are so proud of him and so thankful that he gets to attend such a great University. I wish I was the one taking him up and settling him, but am thankful for family who are willing to serve him in this way.
In a few minutes, I will do my first Bible Study for Hope for Life. It is a Pregnancy Help Center, where women can come and receive help and encouragement. I am excited to share with them this afternoon. I am thankful for this ministry in a country where abortion and unplanned pregnancies are high.
Lately, we have seen miracles left and right. It has been so exciting and encouraging. Of course, we believe we serve a healing God, but seeing it happen time and again have just really increased my faith even more.
We began a nursery a couple of months ago, and it is going well. Both Tori and Kailey love serving with the babies. I love their eagerness. And I am so thankful for the parents who are able to receive ministry during the services. It is a blessing for all who are involved.
Alright, time to get ready:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.