We are constantly in different seasons of our life. We look back on our life and think, that was a good time. Things were so easy back then. But we don't usually remember the hard things about that time. Sometimes in our most fulfilling seasons, we don't even realize until we look back. And sometimes our hardest, darkest seasons, where there seems to be no hope, we look back and think, "Wow, that wasn't too bad...and God was with us every step of the way..."
Sometimes I feel like being a homeschooling mom here in Belize is so much harder than if we were in the states. It is harder to find extra things for the girls to do. If we have trouble, it just seems harder to connect with other homeschooling families that can help. Its hot...and there is no ac, so physical activities are hard. Even getting all the schoolwork done when sweat is pouring down your back is a serious challenge for the girls.
But then I read something and am reminded how blessed I am to be in this season. To be able to homeschool my girls. Its not perfect, by any means. But it is the best solution for their education in this season. I get more time with them than if I sent them off somewhere. And their time with us is really so short.
I talked to Josh today. That always makes me happy. But it also reminds me that we did some things right in parenting him. He works hard, is responsible. He is a son to be proud of.
I had a conversation with Tori today. She was upset about a moral decision some people we know had made. I told Lee to be proud... The morals we have instilled in her run deep. She has a great understanding of what a life in ministry means. And that our walk with the Lord affects others around us. And she brought the subject up to me, not the other way around.
Kailey has only lived with us for a year, but already I see how Jesus has placed her with us. That we have this amazing opportunity to mold her to the ways of Christ. Not religious, but a deep relationship with Him. I have seen her come so far in the past year in so many areas. And homeschooling her is the best. If we sent her away to school, we would be a very small part of her life. But we get to be with her most of the time. Her entire idea of family is completely different. Not because we are perfect, but because we are healthy.
And Erika...our Biggest little girl in the house. God placed her in our family. I look at pictures when she was a little baby and never could have imagined her vocabulary as an 8 year old. Seriously, often I have to remind myself how old she is. But God has placed her with us...so we would push her and challenge her. This year in school is very challenging for her. But the thing is, even when she is frustrated, she can do it. And that is a blessing of her being homeschooled. Her fullest potential can be reached.
Last weekend, Lee performed a very fancy wedding on a hill at a mansion overlooking Belmopan. I seriously felt like I was in a movie. At the reception, they had seated us with the Mayor. I really do not know him that well. He is young 30's and Lee meets with him most weeks. Sitting and chatting small talk...like you do with someone you don't really know...actually really blessed me. I could see what a blessing Lee has been in his life. He said several times that he has a lot in common with Lee. It made my heart swell with pride that God has used my husband to be a blessing in this community and nation. And how blessed that I get to be his wife.:)
So the days are sometimes long. Some days I get so frustrated and overwhelmed by many things. And God gently reminds me that He guides our steps. He is with us in our seasons. Good, bad, all of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.