There are many things our family sacrifices in our obedience to serve in Belize. Sometimes we handle it well. Sometimes we don't.
Recently, Lee decided to start rotating around to the other NetGroups besides the one that meets here. And so Erika and I will be joining him on these rotations. Then, when he stays here with the young adults, Erika and I will return to our Net.
This past Thursday, we were going to visit a group in Maya Mopan. I did not voice my complaints that were shouting inside my head. I was resistant to go for very selfish, spoiled reasons. Lets just say it was out of my comfort zone in many ways. But I prayed through and asked the Lord to change my attitude. Erika was also resistant, as it is a different situation, where she would need to stay in the Net, and not go off to play with the kids.
As we were getting ready, I still was carrying some inward apprehensions. What if I needed to use the restroom? I didn't want to get bit up...Dengue Fever is very bad right now. And I am always the one to get bit, even with spray on me. Or worse yet, I didn't want Erika to get sick. What if it was so uncomfortably hot? So many things.
But as we got there, we were warmly welcomed. They were so happy we had come. It was actually much, much cooler than my house, out in the village. And Erika was great.
One thing I really enjoyed was just observing the culture out in the village versus the culture within the city limits. The parents did not bring toys or cups. The babies/toddlers just nursed on and off throughout the night until they fell asleep and slept on the hard floor. The children were all very well behaved and participated. The Net was almost entirely in Ketchi, with Feliciano translating here and there. The people gave testimonies and then sang a song with all their heart. This is how the entire two hours went. Giving praise to God for what He has done, then singing. There were a couple requests to God, but mostly it was thanks. Many of the testimonies were about Lee. We do not want the people to look to Lee as their God, but I don't think they were. They were moreso saying how he goes above and beyond to serve. Even going way into the jungle the previous Thursday to pray for one of the families daughters...late at night. And she was supernaturally healed. They appreciated that Lee cared for their family.
I had many emotions, especially during the times when I didn't understand the words being said. I just sat and looked around. Thankful that God called us here. To unite this group of people who draw strength from God and one another. You see, we have been here almost five years, and I have never been to this Net Group. Other Missionaries have assisted, but primarily it has been done by Belizeans that we have poured into. We pour into the leaders and the leaders pour into the people.
So, yes, there are many sacrifices. We live far away from family...and my son. We sweat ALOT. Life is harder for us here than in the states. But going to that Net put it all in perspective.
So, yes, there are many sacrifices. We live far away from family...and my son. We sweat ALOT. Life is harder for us here than in the states. But going to that Net put it all in perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.