Monday, January 11, 2016

Coming Home

I have been home for two weeks now.  It has gone by so fast.  It is amazing how coming home has been so good for my healing.  I rarely have any pain now and have so much energy.  I have to constantly remind myself that I still cannot lift anything or do anything too strenuous for a few more weeks.  I see all these cute babies at church that I have missed so much, but still can't hold them.

It has been nice to be home and be able to cook for my family again.  It is amazing what you miss.  Shopping takes so long here and I typically take one or all of the girls to carry things to the car, unload when I get home.  But I love all the fresh produce and cooking things from scratch.  What once was a challenge for me, I have grown to love.   The smell of garlic and onions simmering, fresh pico de gallo, Elizabeth's homemade flour tortillas.  Yum.

Today is our first day back to school.  I am so grateful to Elizabeth, Tricia and Lee for working with the girls while I was gone.  I was able to tally their grades and send in their tests from the first half of the school year.  And so today we are able to start fresh from where they left off before Christmas.

I have also so much enjoyed being back with my church family.  It is so different to go somewhere else where very few people know you, and then to come home where everyone knows you and missed you:)  It has been a nice reunion.  As I was watching the crew set up yesterday before church, I just sat thinking how much I love each of these people, couples, that the Lord has brought to LifeNet.  How many of them are now going through the School of Ministry...wanting to grow deeper in the things of the Lord.  So many of them who have been with us since the beginning five years ago.  It has been a joy to watch them grow spiritually, even during times of  testing.

Well, poor Lee is dealing with a clogged toilet, there is much laundry to do, cleaning up to be done as well...  Time to start our Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.