I have a hard time sleeping. I'm not sure why. The bed is comfy. The AC is nice. I miss my hubby though. I know it is also I am just anxious for home. At home, I wake up and begin my day busy and stay busy and sweat a lot, so when evening comes, I'm exhausted and ready to sleep.
This is more a time of rest for me. I have cooked little. Have very few chores. The houses stay so clean in America. I'm doing laundry for 2 instead of 7. And we only use one outfit a day instead of changing because of being hot. Erika and I take walks each evening. I love them. We just talk and talk. And then when we are so hot, we come inside to air conditioning. Ahhhh. It's nice.
I remember when I had my surgery in December, having many of the same feelings. I love being here. Love being with family and friends. But this is not my home anymore. I'm just a guest. This is not my house. I am borrowing cars, not my own. I have one son and daughter here, but a husband and other daughters there. So my heart is torn. And I long to be in my own home again.
This morning, a family is taking us to breakfast. Erika is very social so these things are so good for her heart. This afternoon, we will run some errands with Josh. We have been so overwhelmed with love here. People from all different churches feeding us, helping us financially, visiting us...just being Jesus' hands and feet. Erika even received a care package from Josh's church in Waxahachie, complete with a blown up framed picture of when she was there in May.
Please continue to pray for supernaturally quick healing of Erikas fingers. Our prayer is that the doctor would remove the stitches on Monday and then we could fly home. I am a little nervous taking her home...but also am so ready. We have felt every prayer and are so thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.