Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Uncertainty

Uncertainty is a hard place to be.  Sometimes we wish we knew the future.   That we could plan or get excited if we knew what was going to happen.   But sometimes I think the reason God doesn't show it all to us is because we are not ready yet.   

Recently I had a lazy day where I stayed in my pjs all day and watched home videos from our early years of marriage.   I did cook two meals, but sometimes you just need to relax and I did.   Anyway, I had this sweet little baby boy.   If you would have told me that twenty years into the future, I would have five children, I would not have believed it.    Living in Belize?    No way.  Homeschooling?  Never.  

God only reveals to us what we can handle at the time.   And then gives us the tools as we walk through each new challenge.   

If I would have known the journey moving to Belize would have been, I would have refused to come.   Refused to give up my comfortable life.   But looking back.   Six years into this journey....I wouldn't trade it.   I've grown in ways I never would have.   I've learned things about myself.   And although we definitely did not come to Belize to adopt, God has brought two little girls into our family who desperately needed a family.  

This next year entails lots of change.   We don't know all the details of this next year.   But one day at a time, He walks with us through our uncertainties.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.