Monday, September 10, 2018

Feels like Home

The last two months have been a whirlwind.  We left Belize on July 11, not knowing where we would live, and now two months later, just moved into our home. 

Transitioning back to life in the states has stages.  Especially, because it took about a month for us to get clear direction from the Lord as to what our next step would be.  We really did not think we would ever church plant again, but here we are, planting our fourth church.  There once was a prophecy that we would have a child for every church we pastored.  We pastored in Ohio and then now are planting for the fourth time.  Five kids.  So, yes, this will be it:)

Erika and Aviya started school about three weeks ago.  They love it.  It is a new junior high about five minutes from the house.  It is nice to have a little routine, sending them off each day and I keep busy during the day until they come home.  Kailey is working on her senior year here at home with me.  Tori is back in school at SAGU and working on campus this year.  Josh is also still living in Waxahachie in an apartment, while working in Irving.  He will get married in just two months!

About a month ago, we received very clear direction that we were to plant a new work here in Katy, where we came from.  We really hesitated, wanting to know God wanted us to do this, and confirmation after confirmation came.  So, by faith, we stepped out and the response was overwhelming.  The new church is made up of many people we have pastored before that just have not connected anywhere and new people who we did not know before.  It has been an exciting ride as we meet with people and hear their response to us obeying God's call.  Another reminder of how our "yes" affects other people than ourselves.

Lee is crazy busy.  He is trying to help me settle the house, while also working very hard to get the church going.  Just so many things that people don't even realize go into a plant.

Sundays, we are meeting from 9-11 am, so leave the house about 7:30 am.  After church on Sunday, I was exhausted.  But I also was just so filled with peace.  There is this amazing peace of being right where you are supposed to be.  There is peace of being surrounded by amazing people.  What a blessing how quickly we found church family again. 

Thank you for praying for us during this time.  Moving in on Thursday just brought this calm.  I am finally home.  Our home already feels comfortable and cozy.  The night we closed, Lee and I came to bring some things and I just cried as I felt so blessed that the Lord would let me love my home again.  We prayed that this will be a place where our first ministry of our children, can grow and be nurtured and beyond that, that the Lord would use this home as a place of deep ministry to many.  That we would be a light in this neighborhood.  That our home would be used to God's glory.

One of the reasons, I felt our time in Belize was ending was to be closer to my parents.  Who would have guessed I would end up in the same city?  My dad has had a hard time physically lately.  Last week, he had his shoulder replaced, which is a pretty major operation.  Please pray for him as his recovery has not been easy.  It is a joy to me, though, that I can be close enough to visit and try to help my parents again.  God is in the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.