Friday, September 21, 2018

September 21st

Today is Belize Independence Day and once again there are tears in my eyes as I still have my heart in two countries.  One of our biggest outreaches was that we passed out 7000 waters each year to the people along the parade route.

Honestly, I hated the work that day entailed.  The unbearable heat mixed with rain.  The long wait to begin.  The exhaustion afterward.

But I LOVED that day because it was a day the whole church worked hard together.  And after we would go get Barbecue.  And then we would crash and call it a day.

One of my friends just sent a video of everyone working hard, setting up.  And I began to cry as I saw all the people I loved.  And that was my life for so many years.

I love my life here, but just as there was sadness of things missed while I was in Belize, now there is sadness of things and people missed now that I am in Texas.

The life of a missionary is forever loving two different families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.