Thursday, February 18, 2010

Finally....

We just got "the call" we have been waiting for. We will adopt our Princess next Wednesday. We have had her almost two years. And now, even though she is adopted in our hearts, she will finally be legally our daughter. God has taught me so much about his love for us, His children, during this process. And it has grown my faith in my Daddy God so much. We really needed this adoption to happen this week at the latest. Why is it that it seems God is never early, but rather right on time? I think it is so we can see His Hand on the process and give glory where it is due.

There are so many things racing through my mind. I have planned in my mind for this day, but I want everything to be perfect and special. I know all the details will come together. The most important thing is that Erika is going to be ours...forever!!







Here is a picture the second time we met Erika. The first time we met her was in March 2008. I remember on the way to that meeting (with her first foster parents), telling the Lord to please let me "know" if this was my baby. And He did. She toddled over into my arms and just lay her head on my shoulder. At that meeting, I did not want to let her go. There was an instant connection for our whole family. Then we visited her at her foster home, then she came to our house for a couple of weekends until she was our foster child. It was the most natural thing in the world. The first time she came to our home, she just made herself at home. We never had any trouble with her eating or sleeping. That was a God thing.




I have always known that the Lord gave us this child, but that does not mean there have not been ups and downs along the way. Adopting through foster care is risky legally. Anything can happen. But we have definitely felt the Lord's hand of protection on us every step of the way.

We know God has big plans for this tiny little girl. She has been a fighter since day one. She was born at 3 lbs with her intestines on the outside of her body. And spent her first month in the NICU. But God had me praying for her even then...and I did not know her or anything about her at that point. God told me specifically to pray for my baby in December of 2006, and I didn't realize that timing until she had her second birthday with us. God has protected Erika from so much and we are so thankful for He has good plans for her.


I will post pics of our exciting day and share my feelings until then :)

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.