Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Preparing for the long awaited day

I would love to say that there is complete unity in our home as to how to raise the kids and dog. This picture communicates a lot. I do not want the dog on the couch, but Lee says it is okay...So this morning, I was just having a sweet morning with Erika. I got home late so I bathed her this morning, and blow dried her hair. She was just so cute. Erika was watching QUBO, her favorite thing to do in the morning, with her doggie. Although I really do not want the dog on the couch, I thought this moment was incredibly sweet.

Tomorrow is our long awaited Adoption Day. I never imagined the journey would be so long. But I am thankful for the things the Lord has taught me along the way. The most important being that He is a father that loves me and wants to bless me with good things...like a precious little daughter. He put that desire in my heart, and put people in my path, but I had to take steps to see this dream come about. He has given us His favor, but that does not mean that we have had not had our trials along the way. But after a very long journey, I would do it again to have Erika.

I have everyone's clothes ready for tomorrow. I envision a day of just enjoying my children. We will sleep in a little, I'll make a big breakfast, there will probably be some nerves in my tummy, maybe a little arguing among the kiddoes. But it will be a perfect day with my very real family. I think that is one thing about being a mom that I have learned along the way. Being a mom is the most awesome amazing thing that can happen to a woman, but also the hardest. There is always so much to do, we are always so torn between the many responsibilities we have, and the worry... But I would not trade it for a second. I am fixing to go on a trip for two weeks. I know I will so enjoy the quiet...at first. I know I will enjoy taking my time getting ready and not doing chores and dressing a little one...at first. But then...I will not know what to do with myself. My life revolves around taking care of my family. And I am so thankful to have a family. And I am so thankful to be adding a little girl to our family permanently at 1 pm tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! Sorry we will be out of town and not able to celebrate with you guys but just know that we are celebrating! Have a good trip, we will barely miss each other.. give Francine a huge hug from me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.