Saturday, February 27, 2010

PARTY










Last night was our Adoption Party/Dedication for Erika. It was so wonderful to be surrounded by church family and friends. My friend, Courtney, has just begun cake decorating and she made the BEST cake for the party. It was beautiful and delicious. I will have more pictures later. Chris took pictures and here are some from the courthouse on Wednesday. There are some posted on Facebook as well. What a blessing. She truly caught the emotions of the day: anxiety, nervousness, relief, pure joy, hoping Erika would behave, overjoyed that she did, etc. We were so blessed to be surrounded by our family as we stood in court.


At the party, we shared the reason we changed Erika's middle name to Ruth and everyone prayed over her. It was awesome. I also shared our journey of adopting Erika and how God has had His hand on this entire process. I wish it had gotten videotaped. I think some of it was. Just an amazing evening, though.



Oh, and by the way, I am using Tori's laptop she got for Christmas. I have put in my order to Lee that I want one for my birthday. I love it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.