We had a great time in Caye Caulker yesterday and today. Life in Belmopan has been very busy for us. We have taken little day trips but have never gone anywhere overnight in the nine months since we came to Belize. The day after Tori’s bday happened to be a day off for Wini, so it seemed the perfect time to go and visit our friends, the Auterys, on Caye Caulker. Since we have such a big family, we got a hotel and Tori spent the night with the Autery girls. Tori’s Birthday was a regular schoolday for us, with our Net Group that evening. She wants a rabbit for her birthday, so we will get that WednesdayJ We have the rabbit home all ready, just need the rabbit to go inside. Earlier this week, we were blessed with a large care package full of all sorts of American snacks (that we miss desperately), and a gift for Tori. What a blessing. I took a million pictures of our journey to Caye Caulker. It was such an awesome time because the weather was perfect, a little cool even, and we love spending time with the Auterys, who have moved to the Caye to begin a church. The day we arrived, their littlest was just being released from the hospital in the city, so it was time of celebration for them. The weather was perfect this weekend, even a little cool. And Erika loved every minute… That is the joy of a small child. Every little thing was new to her and she thoroughly found joy in every moment. She loved the boat ride, thought staying in the hotel was a blast, loved playing in the sand and water at the beach. Her little body just kept going and going, even on the long walk all the way to the back of the island, until finally at dinner, she crashed. Thankfully, she woke up, ate, and was refreshed for the rest of the evening. It was fun for Tori to get to have a little slumber party with the girls. They stayed up late making all sorts of jewelry. Their family is a blessing to ours as our lives are so similar, leaving America to come and serve here in Belize. And we always just fall into comfortable conversation and the kids enjoy each other as well. We had not seen them in a while, so there was plenty to catch up on. I also love seeking her advice, as she has homeschooled all of her children right from the beginning. I enjoyed waking up this morning to the fresh, cool ocean breeze and drinking a cup of coffee. We went to Caye Caulker 10 and 8 years ago. It has been built up a lot since then and is so much more beautiful than I remember. I loved the island feel and laid-back-ness. The people were all so friendly. It brought back many memories walking around the island. We were able to get some beautiful conch shells as souveniers. It is nice to know the locals, because the fisherman just throw away the shell and we were able to bring a few home. Cant wait to clean them up and have a reminder of our little trip. Coming home, it was nice. Really beginning to feel like home now. I have laundry to do and preparations to make for church tomorrow and we have someone from the States coming to stay with us all week. But although the getaway was nice, I am thankful to live in Belmopan. I love our home and am happy to be home. Oh, and while in Belize city, we finally went to Jamborees for lunch. It was so fun and I actually got a little teared up because of Erika’s excitement. It is similar to a VERY NICE McDonalds, but unlike any restaurant here in Belize. It is cheaper and tastier than McDonalds and had lots of food options. The playground outside was amazing and even though it was drizzling, I still let Erika play. How could I not? It was as if we had brought her to the Promiseland for children!!! Lee earned lots of Awesome Daddy points with all his kids today. It was perfect way to end the weekend. Oh and the food was really good and it didn’t go into a full fledged rain until our food came, so it was a perfect time to bring Erika in.
Enjoy our trip picturesJ
 |
lol! I'm glad you finally found that stop light!
ReplyDeleteEverybody is growing up so quickly, thank you for sharing pictures. What a beautiful family!
ReplyDelete