Tuesday, January 3, 2012

About Last Night

Last night I had a hard time sleeping.

About 2, I decided to go out into the big hallway closet and get an extra blanket because I was a little chilled. I know its hard to believe, but it is cold here this week.  Like in the 60's at night.  Gorgeous.

I turned on the light, climbed the stool, and got the blanket, noticing that the dogs next door and behind us were barking like crazy.  Who knows?  They are always barking.  It was a little more intense than normal, but I was tired.  Thought about looking out the window, but I was tired, so went in and went back to sleep.

Sleeping in this morning, I rushed to shower, get a load of laundry out to dry and sneak out of the house to market while the kids slept.  We were locking the house up and getting in the car.  My door was open as I got in, and I said, "Did you open this for me, Lee?"  "No."  He said mine was open too and the glove compartment was open.  "Those kids...did they come out here last night?"  Then we noticed the back car door was open...and looked to the van, it was open too!!!  We had been robbed last night.

It was a lot for me to process today.  I am even hesitant to write this post, as not to alarm my family.

Please pray Psalm 91 over us.  I am!

After settling my heart, we woke Josh and told him then locked up again and headed to market.

My security was shaken.  My security is in Christ.   But knowing someone jumped the gate and was going through our stuff...

They stole our hammock, our umbrellas out of the car...and we may find other things as time goes.

We believe they were in the process of stealing parts from under the hood in the van...but I must have spooked them when I turned the light on.  It freaks me out that as I was in my home, that was going on outside.

We have now bought and will soon install a motion light.

We will get a guard dog ASAP.  We actually met with one possible one today.

I hate this.

Crime is increasing here in Belmopan.  

But God is bigger than crime...and I have to plead His protection over my family.  But we must use wisdom as well.  And wisdom says we are getting a dog that is big and scary and will not let anyone in our yard.

I believe God has a way of dealing with people...it all comes around, but it is a reminder that we need to pray for protection.

Pray for my heart as well.  To remember that God did protect us...and that they do not come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.