Saturday, May 19, 2012

Francine is here:)

Its Saturday morning.  We just had breakfast and Erika helped me with the dishes.  I am working on the laundry...and of course, there is a lot cause we went to Blue Hole yesterday.

But, I am having a blast.  I feel like a teenager again.  When all the kids and Lee go to sleep at night, Francine and I just talk and talk.  And amazingly, we never run out of stuff to talk about.  That is the joy of a good friend...you just share a heart and can talk about anything and everything.  We finally went to bed at 2:45 last night when we heard a loud noise outside.  We still dont know what it was, but probably God saying, you better go to sleep or you wont make it through tomorrow.

God has blessed our time.  It is still hard to believe my friend is here.  His hand has been on this whole thing...Even down to the weather.  It has been an early rainy season and the temps have been cooler.  It is very humid, but at least not as hot.  It was rainy the day her plane flew in and there was a rough landing with lots of water landing...but I was watching from the overhang and just interceded.  God helped her through customs and we have just had a great time.

Today, we are going to lunch...just her and I.  No interruptions from kiddoes.  I am looking forward to it.  But we really have had so much time just to talk.  And catch up.  And this time is special and I don't know when we might get it again, so I just want to soak up every single second of it.

Right now, Francine, Lee, Tori and a huge team from Baptist Encampment are out visiting Maya Mopan.  That is the only reason I am taking a minute to update.

But, yeah, it is awesome.  I am so blessed to have a friend come from the states.  We will go later to see the Bed and Breakfast, because just seeing me:), she is here to scope things out to bring a team back from California...hopefully within the year.

And, seriously, I keep looking at her, thinking, is this real?  Francine really came all the way from California to see us:)

Enjoy your Saturday, cause I am:)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.