Friday, May 11, 2012

A Walk to the Park

This morning, Lee and I got a late start to market...and when we got there, it was hot.  
We ordered a little desk for Erika for First grade (next year, she will be able to do school in her room, like the big kids.)  SHHH.  Don't tell her...but I'm excited.  It will be just perfect for her, with a little drawer for her school supplies.

Then we saw Delores.  She excitedly told us about their first NetGroup last night in Maya Mopan.  She told Lee that he needs to buy more of those plastic chairs.  Praise God.  A missionary couple in our body is leading that LifeNet and it is a blessing that they are so hungry to come.  Delores also gave me the little over the shoulder green bag in the picture below.  I love it.  Of course, I'm afraid it makes me look a little like a tourist, but it is the perfect size and special because it was made with love...just for me.

This morning, I squeezed more OJ and froze it, made limeade, and various other kitchen stuff.  It was nice not to have the pressure of school.

After lunch, even though it was hot, the girls and I grabbed some change and headed to the little shop at the end of our street.  We got drinks.  Erika bought candy with her SHILLINGS.  And then we headed to the newly repainted park on the ring road across from us.  It was nice to get out of the house.  The weather is hot, but pretty dry.  It was just enough walk to enjoy and not be too tired.


Tonight, YWAM is opening the Destiny House, with a big concert.  The missionary couple that come to our church have played a big part of getting this going.  It is their dream for teens to come and hang out and for them to be able to pour into the kids.  It is where Erika used to take Ballet.  We will go tonight and enjoy and celebrate the end of school.

Its a great day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.