Wow, Erika, I cannot believe you are six today!!! It seems like you were just a little toddler that had come into our family. You came to our home, shortly after your first birthday. I wish we would have had you right form the start, but am thankful that we have a picture of your one year old birthday. After all, it was worth celebrating because your life is a miracle.
You turned one on December 15, 2007 and we met you that next March. I fell in love instantly and waiting two months to get you to my home was eternity for me. But now, we get you every day:)
It was so exciting that the Lord already had set up a special vacation about a week after you came to our house full time. Daddy was asked to do a wedding on a beach in Florida and we were blessed with a condo at Disney for part of that time. We were able to have a wonderful time getting to know you and enjoying you as a family right at the beginning. We quickly found out we had our hands full with you...but it was okay. Your cuteness covered it!!!
You loved Disney World and all the bright characters and when we went to the beach, you took off. Recently, we went to the beach in Galveston and you had the same reaction. Well, you were born near the beach:)
You loved Disney World and all the bright characters and when we went to the beach, you took off. Recently, we went to the beach in Galveston and you had the same reaction. Well, you were born near the beach:)
Erika, just to show you how tiny you were when you came to us...at 17 months, I could still put you in the sink to bathe you after a messy meal...so cute.
I am so sad I do not have pictures of your two year old birthday party on the computer. It was a scary time for me filled with many unknowns about your future, but I was also thankful that around your second birthday, things officially began to move towards adoption. This family photo catches your beauty about a month before your second birthday. You were an absolutely gorgeous baby.
By your third birthday, we were well on our way towards adoption. We were in the final months and it was also around that time that the Lord had called our family to Belize, so we knew it would possibly be one of your last birthdays in the states, so we had a big party at Pump It Up...your favorite place. It was so much fun enjoying all your wonderful friends and family.
Our friend, Chris, really captured your cuteness as an almost three year old here... At three years old, you were still in 2T clothing...and even smaller pants.
Your fourth birthday was a whirlwind. It was our last week of living in Katy so there were many preparations going on. But we still had a special time with friends and it was in a sense a good-bye party as well.
Look how much older you are here...just a year, but you are starting to look like a big girl and not a baby anymore.
Your fifth birthday found us in Belize. A new home and new friends. And memaw and papa Dodd were even here for that birthday. It was so much fun planning your very girly birthday. I loved the cake the bakery made for you and was so thankful you had wonderful friends to celebrate with.
So, today we are celebrating your sixth birthday. It will be the first birthday that we do not have family...but they all mailed gifts to you!! I pray that it is a wonderful day for you and that you enjoy your friends:)
Your sister, the amazing photographer, caught this shot just a few weeks ago at a playground in Cayo. It totally catches your crazy, fun, active personality.
Erika, it is hard to believe you have been with us for almost five years...yet, I cannot remember life before you. Oh wait, yes, I can. I wasn't so tired back then:) You are a joy to our family and everyone who knows you. You always have a smile and want to be everyone's friend. You are smart and pick up on things very quickly. It has been fascinating being a part of you learning to read. I love it. I love seeing you grow each day. Of course, there is a part of me that sees your old baby pictures and I miss you being my baby...probably mostly because you are my last baby, but also your coming to our home was such an answer to many years of prayer.
I love you and can't wait to see how God uses you in your life. I can't wait to see the girl you will be six years from now and then after that, as well. You are a beautiful girl inside and out. You keep me young. You are the essence of energy and life.
I pray your birthday is very special today. Just like you are to me:)











Always love reading your blogs. This one is especially meaningful. I can't believe how Erika has grown. It does seem like she has always been ours. We love her so much.
ReplyDeleteLove, memaw