Friday, April 12, 2013

Sharing Their Stories

Thursday nights, after our big group ice  breaker and discussion, we break into smaller NetGroups all over the house, out in Lee's office, out on the porch.

I am taking four amazing young ladies through the Life Manual.  One is Tori's age, and the others are all students at UB.

Last night was chapter seven.  Where we practice sharing our testimony in order to be able to share with someone when that situation comes up.  It is always very special for me to learn more about their lives.  I have a very open group this time.  They are very transparent and I love seeing what God is doing and has done in their lives.

Backing up a little.  Yesterday was one of those days.  Extremely, miserably hot.  Lots to do and not enough time.  A day of victories and a day of some heartache.  

Remember the lady that I used to talk to at the bakery all the time?  Well, she had a baby in November and I lost her:(  I ask about her every time I go in.  Well, yesterday, I found her.  At the other branch of the bakery across town.  She gave me a big hug and showed me pictures of her baby.  I guess I need to start shopping there now:)  It blessed me to find her again and be able to restart our relationship.

The enemy tried to discourage me yesterday in some other areas.  But after a good cry and talk with my husband, I was able to refocus.  Remember why we are here.  Remember that God is using us.

So, back to last night.  We had a great group.  Lee did a great job teaching on parenting.  I looked at him and looked around the room.  The kids love him.  He is so animated, yet, speaks hard truths.  And they get it.  The discussion time was great.  I am proud of him.  No one but our family knows how hard he works...but when he is ministering, he is so carefree and amazing.  I love seeing how God is using him to father so many of these kids.  So many who do not have a father.

When we broke into our small group, I rushed through the first part so the girls could have time to share.  As they shared, I wanted to cry.  They each have not had easy lives.  They all have known heartache, loss, single parent homes, and much more.  But they all came to this place where they realized they needed Jesus and could not make it without Him.  Each experience unique, yet the same.  And two of them especially, I have first hand witnessed the transformation Jesus has made in their lives.  One pretty recently.

But that is what is so cool.  They are all faithful to church, NetGroup.  They are all faithful to serve Jesus.  And it is hard.  It is hard at the University for them to find friends who serve Jesus like them.  So, LifeNet offers that safe place for them to come, grow, be with others who are on the same journey.

Aren't I one blessed woman to get to be a part of all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.