Recently, Tori and I began walking together. It does not work out every day, or as often as we would like, but when it does, it is awesome. Tori actually initiated it, but it is so good for both of us.
I love it because we get time alone together, it doesn't cost a thing, and it is good for our health.
We have some great talks on those walks. That is the thing about walking with someone...it goes faster when you can gab along the way. I love that even though we are sweating, walking up that last hill, it is fun because we are doing it together.
I think we have had some of our best discussions on these walks. I feel that I am a pretty transparent parent. But sometimes it is easier to discuss tough issues when you are both looking straight ahead.
I often think...this time with my girl has flown by so fast. I want to treasure the years I have left with her under the same roof as me!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.