I am exhausted tonight as I write this...but thought I should put something out there.
My heart is so full. My family has been loved, pampered, eaten out to our heart's desire, blessed beyond measure.
I woke up this morning in AC, in my parent's home, Erika sleeping across from me. Today I would make the journey back home alone, without Lee, just Erika. We did pretty good. I must say God's hand was on us every step of the way...and all the conveniences of the American airport were a blessing as well. But people were kind, and helpful. When my hands were just too full, someone would help. When we departed onto the tarmac, and I was overcome of the heat and humidity. The end of the plane ride was quite turbulent and I actually thought I may need the "special bag" Thankfully I was okay. As I walked toward the airport, I saw a couple hundred people waiting outside to get in. But I am a Resident...and what favor that afforded me. I was taken inside the building to wait behind only 4 families. God is so good.
It is good to be home. There will definitely be adjustments to be made. The biggest is the lack of air conditioning. My to do list for tomorrow is a mile long. But I will simply do what I can and not worry if it is all not accomplished. I am much less productive in this weather.
I am honored to serve the Lord here in Belize. It is not without sacrifice. But it is full of reward.
It was especially difficult for Erika to leave her grandparents. But now that we are home, she seems content. This is her home. For this season. I am thankful for phone calls and facetime:)
Thank you to EVERYONE who helped us along our journey. Those of you who picked us up and took us to airports. Those of you who housed us, fed us. It all counts. Every bit of it was a blessing.
Our spirits are revived and ready to press on.
But my body is EXHAUSTED. So I will head to bed early tonight.
Pictures to come...and there will be a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.