While in the states, we visited several different churches. Obviously being at Life, we are the most "at-home". But even there, it is not our Home Church any more. So, two weeks ago, I came "home" to LifeNet...and that is what it was... I was surrounded by the people I live life out with. I feel like I was still adjusting back to Belize the first week. This past Sunday, it felt even more like home. One of the ladies who had her baby the Sunday before we left, brought in her sweet boy and said, "You haven't even held him yet." So I took him and soaked up all his little newborn sweetness. I had already held his big sister that morning...she is adjusting to not being the baby of the family anymore. Another of our babies that is now a toddler ran to me full speed, but then cried for Mama when I picked her up. But she recognized me and that meant so much. Not to mention all the big kids, teens and adults that I was so happy to see and hug and catch up with. Even our worship. LifeNet worship is so Wonderful!!! I know that Father God is blessed as our congregation lifts up their hearts to Him. And our services are full. Not many empty seats. There is a hunger here. People who are excited to come to church...and who are early. We have very few stragglers at LifeNet. And I love that. I am so deeply proud of our church family here. It is my family. We go to Jesus together. We cry together, laugh together, pray together.
One of the girls that I am very close to, lost her father last week. The service was on Father's Day down in PG. So there was no realistic way for Lee and I to go. But what I love about LifeNet is that several people did go. They drove all the way down and back to support her. And that is what family does.
I do not know exactly who my audience is. But if you do not have a home church...that you not only attend, but faithfully serve in, I encourage you to do that. Serve...with your children. Let them have a home church. It is one of the things that is most important to me as Josh goes off to college. That he finds a local church and has a family there.
Okay, off my soap-box. But it is just great to be home. To be with my family in Belize. I love them:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.