Thursday, July 4, 2013

Surreal

This morning, we woke up REALLY early and headed to Belize City to fetch some important cargo off a ship!!!  Wayne, Jodie, Ryan and Tyler came on a cruise and spent the day with our family.  I kept telling Jodie it just didn't seem real.  Our life.  We live here, in Belize, and our friends and family are so amazing to come and visit us.  And bless us.

Ten times today my kids told me it was such a fun day for them.

You see the blessings have been flowing.  We went to the states, got spoiled.  Tom and Francine came for a week and SPOILED us rotten.  They left and then Wayne and Jodie came.  And SPOILED us.

I kept thinking today how blessed we are.  The family God placed us in.  The friends He has given us.  It seems that lately that I have been too busy to write much.  But it has been good busy.

We are so blessed.  But God knows exactly what we need.  We live in a country that can be very difficult at times.  Last Thursday, I took the Simmons to Banana Bank to swim, enjoy the animals, relax, in between the busyness of ministry.  In the back of my mind, I remembered in May, when someone was held up by guns on the bridge we have to cross to get there.  It is a little abandoned driving back to the pool.  But I felt that it was okay and it was safe now.  Then, Friday night, the next night, a missionary couple was driving that same road to their  home back in one of the villages.  They saw two men approaching with guns, so the man sped up, only to accidentally wreck the car.  His wife is now in critical condition.  One day after we had driven that same bridge.

So, now, a place that was fun to take my kids and relax...is now off limits.  You may think No Big Deal...find something else to do.  But we are already so  limited in the things we can do here.  So, it grieves me.  This crime.  Why they win.  It breaks my heart that a family who was here to serve is now dealing with what they are dealing with.  Please pray with us for Vicki Weaver...that there would be a miracle.  And that the men who did this will be caught and charged.

In the midst of a week of being showered with love, I am reminded of the reality of the crime in this nation.  

But I am also reminded of why we are here.  To change a nation.  One person at a time.  Or rather let Jesus change a nation.  Tonight, my home (and neighborhood via the open windows) will be filled with a beautiful night of worship.  A young people passionate about Jesus.  Because we need Him more here...so we seek Him more.   We NEED miracles here.  We NEED protection here.  We NEED healings here...so we pray, believe and see God move.

I am so greatly thankful for the people the Lord has put into my life here in Belize, and in the states.  There is a fullness of love and support and I am so appreciative.  Last week, the Simmons family came and blessed our family, our church family, our community.  They served in one capacity or another for seven days.  Even the simple act of hanging paper laterns that Aunt Jodie had bought for Tori's room.  Because it was important to her...so they made it important to do.  Today, my brother and sister in law brought treats and then just treated us to a really fun day and lunch.  We are so blessed.

Next post, I will get you some pictures...but I need to get ready to worship Jesus:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.