Thursday, July 25, 2013

What is my Sacrifice?

A couple of weeks ago, on the last night of the team being here, they spent some time edifying our family.  It was a very sweet time and we were overwhelmed with love and encouragement.

One thing that several people said, to Tori and I especially, was about our sacrifice.  That they knew what we sacrificed to live here.  That what the Lord was doing through us was worth the sacrifice.  Today, one of my longtime friends made a similar comment.  Speaking of the sacrifice of us living on the mission field.

And although I appreciate the sympathy, or understanding, I thought...what is my sacrifice?  And compared to what.  As we stood outside a Mayan home that is beautiful, but very rustic.  What is my sacrifice?  I have a nice car to drive, can afford to buy groceries to feed my family, can afford gas in our vehicles.  We live in a pretty nice home, by Belizean standards.  I spoke to a girl on a missions team about her mission trip to India...and that is a sacrifice in many different ways.

And what do the Belizeans who hear these things think?  What is our sacrifice of living here?

My sacrifice is creature comforts...but Jesus did that.
My sacrifice is time missed with my physical family...but Jesus did that too.

And I am called to be the hands and feet of Jesus, aren't I?

And I think Jesus is providing a much better life for me than even He himself had.  He constantly covers our family with blessings.  He provides for us more than we could ask or imagine.  He gives me the tools I need to deal with things as they come.  He is worth it.  Worth any little sacrifice I may make:)

So, I wrote this before Net tonight...then during small group, I met with a college girl who is new to the Lord, yet on a fast track with Him.  I prayed for her and then she prayed for me.  Her prayer was so precious and so simple, but thanking God for me...little old me...over and over.  So, what is my sacrifice????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.