Monday, July 8, 2013

Heart to Heart

Today we had to take our newest van to the mechanic in Spanish Lookout AGAIN to have him work on the butane tank that is still not right.  So Lee and Josh went in the van and the girls and I took the 30 minute drive through the windy, crazy roads in my SUV.

The car is sometimes the best place to have Heart to Hearts with my kids.  Here, we don't take as many long road trips, but lately it seems we have had some 30 min to hour long drives, which I love for that reason.

A very important topic came up.  How God honors us when we do right...even if noone else sees.  He blesses us all the time.  I know it is because He sees what sometimes noone else sees.  There was a situation years ago where we (our church family) worked really really hard and put a lot of money and time into something...and then another church literally came and took the credit.  We said nothing.  But almost days after that, someone came and gave Lee and I a prophecy that He saw...and that He would bless our congregation.  AND HE DID!!!

I guess Tori had never known that story.  We began to talk about some other things.  She shared, with tears, a conversation she had recently.  Someone who said if it weren't for her...her life would be in a very different place.  And it just blessed me.  Blessed me that my almost 15 year old daughter has impacted another life for Christ and already sees the fruit.  I told her that I believe there will be many more stories like that in her future.  Her sacrifice, of living here in Belize, is not futile.  Her life is a of great worth.  And Jesus sees.  And Jesus blesses her all the time.

It was just such a moving "moment".  She was greatly ministered to at YFN about her call here in Belize, separate from us.  How God is using her...and will continue to use her.  I am praying that on the hard days, the Lord will bring it back to her heart:)

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I agree the kids have a call in addition to y'all there and the Lord will honor each of you separately as well as a family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.