Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ministry will Break your Heart

I have been in some sort of ministry, I feel like, almost my entire life.  I am one of those kids who grew up in the church.  I was always in some sort of leadership, helping in Nursery, serving with Jr. high ministry.  Then I married a Pastor.

And sometimes....it just gets so heavy.

This is one of those weeks.  I have slept little.  I have prayed A LOT.

For two weeks, Tori's best friend, Dorothy, little brother has been in the hospital.  

Monday evening, it became more and more apparent that this boy had leukemia.  They were able to get the Cancer Society to ambulance him to Mexico, where there are better hospitals.

Henry is twelve years old and has three older sisters.  Dorothy is the oldest.  Their father, who was British, died about six years ago.  Their mother is from Guatemela and is so precious.  My heart is broken for her, walking through all of this alone.

Tuesday was a holiday here in Belize.  Our kids still did school, but we took them out for lunch, just to have a special time with them.  Henry's diagnosis was confirmed via text just as we sat down to eat.  I looked over and Tori was weeping.  Tori is such a girl full of compassion.  I pray that never changes.  I pray she weeps every time she hears news like that.  Sometimes, I feel I have forgotten how to just let it out like that.

God is good.  We do believe in our hearts that we will be able to link Henry to agencies to get help.  But we know it is a long journey ahead.

One daughter is with the mom and Henry, another staying with a friend, and we have Dorothy.  I do not mind at all.  I feel that we are her second parents anyway.  Dorothy's mom  has always looked to Lee as a father (spiritually) to her kids.  But please pray for us, as it started as just a few days, but we do not know what this means long term.  They have a home, but I know they cannot afford for them to live there, eat, etc, plus it is just not safe for the girls to be alone.  Pray for us as we minister to this family, mainly Dorothy.

We know there is healing in Jesus' name.  

Please pray for Henry:)




1 comment:

  1. We are praying for Henry and his family with our church. Please keep us posted so we can provide updates to our pray-ers! If you get a chance to pray for my 15-yr-old daughter, that would be so appreciated. Reading your words about your girl provided some insight about ours. Briefly, she used to love bigger than anyone I have ever known, but she has been hurt so deeply in her short life that I sometimes fear that she is becoming willing to abandon all emotion in favor of not experiencing any more pain. This, of course, is an offer that comes right out of the pit of Hell. Please pray for her to cling to the love she knows she has in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.