Monday, November 18, 2013

Some Thoughts

sometimes i fall away from keeping up with this blog.

sometimes its because there is a lot going on and i just dont even have a moment to sit and THINK, much less write.

sometimes its because my heart is full of so many things, but i can't share publicly what they are.


this past weekend was over the top crazy busy.  and the thing about living here...is it is harder to squeeze so many things into one day...because there are not drive-thrus and conveniences to make your day easier...everything seems to take effort and energy...and if it is warm, that energy gets drained so quickly.

we have had THREE weeks of non-stop rain.  that means i have been using my dryer a lot!  clothes simply do not dry...our entire house is damp... mold even was growing on our doors and closets, so one of my days was spent cleaning all of them...

today is sunny.   i have several things on the line and actually believe they will dry before we head to ballet this afternoon.  lee will be glad for two or three less dryer loads!!

this weekend was also a weekend spent celebrating a special baby. a family, especially their daughter, prayed for a sister for seven years.  this weekend we celebrated that precious life.



Yesterday was emotional because this is one of our very first families of LifeNet, mostly because of this little girl...she loved it, so they kept coming.  This girl, once so incredibly shy, has blossomed...even dancing all alone on the stage in front of over 200 people.  This family, faithful to serve at LifeNet.  And this baby, a blessing to all.  She fills your heart with her sweet laughter.  And when Life Church came the summer before last, Susanna had a prophecy that this baby would be born.  So a blessing in so many ways...to see God bless this family and his Word come true.

Also, this weekend included ministry at the Children's Home.  My heart gets so overwhelmed as I minister, but they give back so much more.  To see these girls grow in the Lord is so exciting to me.  So many hugs they each have as I walk in and when I leave, when they come to church and when they leave.  These girls have surely stolen my heart.

And some other things...my two oldest def do not want me to talk about them...but I have just been so blessed by their quiet growth in the Lord.  They are much more private than Erika, who tends to steal the spotlight.  But haphazardly, Josh mentioned that he was about to finish reading the Bible all the way through.  Can I tell you how that blessed Lee and I?  Not because he was asked to by us, simply because.    And then in the van on the way home from the airport, Tori shared with me something that meant so much.  I had ministered on something very specific at Marla's a few weeks ago...and she applied it to her life...and it worked and she wanted me to know.  Wow, my own child receiving ministry from me...blessed me so much:)


There is so much going on, too much to mention.  But God is here with us.  We feel Him.  We know He has us where we are supposed to be.  But that does not mean that we do not have struggles or sadness at times.

Last night, after an extremely busy, non-stop day...  Lee was actually taking his "pre-bedtime nap", when someone came to the gate, honking and yelling in.  It was late, so I had to wake Lee.  Someone we minister to needed him to come and minister to a family member.  I will be real honest.  It was VERY hard for me to let him go.  It is in one of the worst places, where many murders happen, and we realized that he could potentially be walking into something dangerous.  We asked another man from the church to go with him (probably more for me), we  prayed strongly claiming protection over Lee and this other man, I shed a few small tears as I kissed him goodbye.  AND I PRAYED...  I cannot tell you the relief when I finally heard him pull back in.  God protected him and it just made my faith in the one I serve even greater.

The next few weeks are heavily planned on the calendar as we enter the holidays, have Erika's bday and then look forward to a visit after the holidays from family.  God is great and gives us new grace every day, just what we need.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.