If you got to be with your family for Christmas this year, please be thankful...for me. This is our third Christmas with no family. Yes, I have my husband and children...but I do so miss the larger family. Thankfully, my in-laws are coming soon...and that is one of the best gifts for me...to know we will be with family soon.
But this Christmas, I have been continually reminded of God's hand being in the details. We have five children in our home right now. But there is always enough. Its amazing to me, really. How God has blessed us randomly with food or money for gifts or whatever we have needed. He has truly taken care of the details. We even had special candy from home...which the kids have gobbled up. But how thankful I am as a mom that they have had such treats.
Christmas Eve service was really small this year. The Mayans had a special dinner back in Maya Mopan and we realized how many of them we missed. But it still was nice just to focus on Jesus in the midst of wrapping gifts and preparing food. We came home and opened gifts and it was just a joy, as parents, to see the light in the youngest two's eyes. The older two are waiting for their big gifts this summer:) They still enjoyed many gifts as well, too:)
Christmas Eve service was really small this year. The Mayans had a special dinner back in Maya Mopan and we realized how many of them we missed. But it still was nice just to focus on Jesus in the midst of wrapping gifts and preparing food. We came home and opened gifts and it was just a joy, as parents, to see the light in the youngest two's eyes. The older two are waiting for their big gifts this summer:) They still enjoyed many gifts as well, too:)
My home is so full right now. Both girls are sharing their rooms, and so there is some chaos. It seems that I am cooking, cleaning, or something all day long these days. But also, there are more kids to help too. And thankfully everyone knows how much I need help. Yesterday, I decided we need to get this house in some order and everyone chipped in. It is hard for me to relax if the house is too dirty...especially the living/kitchen area. And so at night, we were able to just sit and enjoy a movie together. Then, today after lunch, we enjoyed playing a game together. I love having my home filled with joy and laughter... The girls enjoy it so much. It is like one big slumber party for them. Josh is greatly outnumbered, but he enjoys the crazy chaos too, I think:)
We are also enjoying a little break from school. The kids will need to work a few days before their grandparents come, then get another week off:) We are looking forward to just visiting and enjoying them coming so much:)
We also have a team here right now. They got here yesterday. They are roofing a pretty large house back in Maya Mopan, a family that attends LifeNet. Then will head to Cayo to help Pastor Caleb. I am thankful for Jesse, being able to take a greater role in helping with the teams, so my husband is not so stretched.
New Year's Eve, we plan to have some of the young adults over, just to fellowship and play games. Of course, there will be food prep for that too. But it will be fun... After all, although I enjoy times of just my family, it is also so fun to get a group together and just enjoy living life together:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.