Right before Christmas, Tori and I joined the girls from the Children's Home to minister at the hospital. It was such a special time for me, and I actually got teared up, as I saw the girls pray with young children and new mothers. They baked goods to give to the doctors and nurses and blessed the children with goodie bags. A while back, a team had brought small quilts that were homemade and the girls blessed all the new moms (and there were so many) with a blanket for their babies. I love that the housemom teaches the girls that they are given things and that they can give back. And of course, I love all these girls so much. I love how they are growing in the Lord. I love that Tori and I and our whole family gets to pour into them...and how they always end up blessing us so much more.
All of the girls went somewhere for Christmas. We were blessed to get one of these sweet girls, that the Lord has put on our heart, to spend Christmas with us. We are only halfway through Christmas break, but I don't know how I will take her back. She just fits in so perfectly in our home and we all have fallen in love with her. I even got the joy of getting to get her ears pierced yesterday. Something she has wanted so badly. So, we just called this lady up and she came over. And my crazy daughter, got a third ear piercing. She promised it is the last...it better be:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.