Thursday, December 5, 2013

Its that Time of Year

Its that time of year again...where I have a million responsibilities as a mom and pastor's wife to try to make Christmas special.  Throw in a birthday of a girl about to turn seven and it can be simply exhausting.

I go to the store with lists, lose the lists, start over again.

And this year, we may have two extra girls.  But don't totally know yet.  Just have to be prepared.

In this season of craziness, though, God has surely shown up to show me He is my provider.  He has used anonymous people, new friends and family to help assure that we have the finances to have a simple, but blessed Christmas. 

Saturday, the girls and I will head to Marla's for a little Christmas fun.  I'm real excited.  We are going to make cut out cookies and let the girls decorate and then Eat them.  We have a small little candy to give each one with a bookmark.  And we will make Christmas cards and Ornaments.  Quite a blessing because I was blessed by an anonymous donor to do something at Marlas.  Even though these things are simple, I have to  plan for 20 girls, just in case new ones come in, and it does take finances to do these things.  So, needless to say, so blessed!!!

Next week, Erika will actually dance with the girls of Marlas at their Board Christmas party.  It is so funny how she just popped in there.  She will dance with the little girl her age.  And will enjoy it so much.

Then Saturday, we are surprising her for her bday.  She has no idea what we are doing, but she is going to be so excited.  I will post lots of pictures, I promise.

Sunday is Erika's actual bday and we will have a Christmas party for Childrens church.  Then Monday is her Christmas program for Ballet.

So lots of events.  Most of which I am in charge of planning.  And there will be lots of baking involved too...

At least I can rest on Christmas.  After the Christmas Eve Service and after I make a big Christmas dinner.

Let me share a little about God providing.  We have taken in the boy (who has leukemia)...'s older sister.  Honestly, we do not know for how long.  But God has provided, even in that.  People are  helping to make sure we have gifts.  The Lord is extending my groceries by giving me good deals.  He knows.  And He provides.

I really want to thank our families, as well, who have gone out of their way to make sure our kids have a great Christmas.  We have packages that  have been sent, money to buy gifts, etc.  And best of all, grandparents coming for a visit right after the new year.

This Christmas is tinged with a little bit of sadness for me.  Josh will be an adult and in college next year.  I remember 18 years ago being such a joyous time as I rubbed my belly, knowing what was to come.  I have been so blessed to get to enjoy so many special moments with him.  So it is sad to know he is growing up:(

But I am excited as we enter this busy season.  Having a house full is kind of fun.  Yes, more work.  But the kids are entertained:)  We are hoping to have one of the girls from Marlas spend her Christmas break with us.  Customarily, they try to find families to bless a child during that time and get them out of the home.  We are excited to be a part of this journey.

Now, my home is filling with the NetGroup.  I hear the vans dropping kids off...  Its almost time:)  Oh yeah, we will have a Christmas party of sorts for NetGroup too...

Have a blessed season as you celebrate where you are as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.