Several weeks ago, Tori went cavetubing with one of the teams that had come to minister with LifeNet. She got bit by a mosquito...which is just life here. The difference is that this bite would never heal. She was very concerned and worried that it may be a bot fly. Warning: Google at your own risk...its pretty disturbing.
A couple weeks ago, I decided to take her to the doctor. The doctor had never seen one before but assured us it was just a bad bite and would heal with time.
Still the mysterious bite did not heal.
Yesterday afternoon, we once again began discussing what it could be, what we should do. I suggested she clean it really good with some rubbing alcohol. Apparently, that was the trigger. She began to see yucky stuff come out and then just as Net was starting last night, she saw the head. Yes, like an alien, coming out of her leg. I don't know how, but Jesus, but she held it together through the NetGroup. As soon as Net was over, we knew what we needed to do. We piled vaseline to cover the hole and suffocate the worm so it would poke through. And when Lee got home from the van run, he slowly, and carefully pulled it out...and it was fat.... Poor girl.
So, there once was a girl with a botfly in her leg. Noone believed her, not even the doctor.
Well, she proved them wrong.
And I am glad this tale is over...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.