Wednesday, September 24, 2014

This Past Weekend

As I write this, it is pouring outside my window.  And I love it.  Rain brings in breeze and wind and cooler temps.  The only thing I don't like is the mud...but I don't mind cleaning up as much when it is not as hot:)

This coming week, we will have completed our first nine weeks of homeschool.  Tori has a full load as a sophomore this year and Erika has almost completed third grade.  We are anxiously awaiting the delivery of her fourth grade curricullum.  Kailey is adjusting to homeschool as well.   She likes best how it usually only takes half a day to complete her work, rather than all day long.  It is hard to believe we are already a quarter of a way through the year.  My days fly by between household and homeschool duties.

We are blessed that Erika and Kailey get to enjoy ballet and other dance classes through YWAM twice a week.  They both enjoy going so much and it is a great outlet for them.  Elizabeth, Tori and I walk most school mornings now and it is such a great start to our day.  Today, Tori began to take Art Lessons from a lady here in Belmopan.  She has so much natural ability and I cannot believe how much she learned in just the first lesson.  And I love that the girls now each have something, outside the home, because we are all home so much:)

This weekend was a lot of fun.  Friday night, one of the families invited over several couples.   They cooked us amazing Barbecue with all the fixings and then we played some games together.  There was lots of laughing and we lost track of time, not getting home until after midnight.  We let all the younger girls sleep in Saturday morning and Elizabeth and I got up and went to Marla's.  We had a great time.  

Sunday, our church participated for the third year in a row passing out waters.  The wait before we start is long and hot, but the joy of passing the cool waters to the hot parade watchers is awesome.  Erika and I ended up getting on the back of the float to help pass the waters from there, as that is where help was needed more.  But the whole weekend, I was just overwhelmed with our church family.  They are all willing to serve.  And believe me, this passing out waters is no easy task.  We all went to bed at 8 pm Sunday night and took Monday off:)

I want to give photo credit, as most of these pictures were taken by Tori.  I am amazed at her photography skills, as well as her artist skills:)







Elizabeth kept us all laughing as she danced the parade away.  But she was exhausted like the rest of us that night...

This collage is from Friday night and Sunday...


I love this selfie Tori took this summer.  Since she was the photographer, there were none of her at the parade.  Kailey and Tori both worked so hard passing out all those waters!!!



A few weeks back, we needed a getaway as a family.  It was an awesome field trip to visit an Iguana Farm.  If you know me, I should get big points for even going in the cage.  But I must admit, I did not hold any iquanas...  I was the designated photographer with Tori's camera, so she could enjoy the iguanas.






Life remains busy as we transition still to lots of changes in our household.  One of my great joys is when I get to hear from Josh.  He is doing great.  They have special things they do for the kids of missionaries and that blesses me so much.  He has also been blessed by visits from our families and care packages.  I miss him so much, but am so happy that he is enjoying college life so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you.