Seven years ago, God blessed us with one of the most precious gifts. Something that I had prayed for for many years. He blessed us with Erika.
Erika came into this world fighting. Last night, I reread her birth story. Her life is a miracle. She was born at 33 weeks, weighing 3 lbs, with her intestines outside of her body and had major surgery 10 days later. But God has always had a plan for this girl. Her birthmom could not care for her so placed her in foster care. The first foster family Erika lived with was amazing and loved her deeply and cared for her better than I could ever have expected. The first time Erika spent the night with us, it was with 10 pages of instructions. Because she was loved.
The first time I met Erika, I was smitten, in love, knew way deep down somewhere, that she was my child. I can not explain it, simply know it is truth. This girl brings so much joy wherever she goes. As I watched her at her most recent birthday party with all of her friends, I was reminded of that. Everyone loves Erika.
But right now, Erika needs your prayers. And so does this momma. About a month ago, we noticed Erika picking up some weird habits with shaking her neck, then it moved to crazy blinking and now it is a more pronounced shaking of her head and hands. At first, I kept telling her to stop. And I feel so bad now. But I thought she was just trying to get attention. On Thursday night at my NetGroup, I realized for the first time, that she was not faking. That she literally could not control the impulses that were taking over her little body. Only sleep allows her to rest.
Of course, being here in Belize, we feel so paralyzed. We are on hold, medically, until we get to the states. Thankfully, we already planned to go soon. And with God's favor, we were able to get an appointment with a Pediatric Neurologist.
We have done much "research" on the internet. There is no cure. But there is Jesus. And we are believing for Jesus to touch her little body and bring healing. The thing I pray most is that this will not change her, change her personality. Yesterday, the girls in front of us at church just kept staring. Because that is what kids do. And Erika came and snuggled into me and told me she wanted to go home. And kept asking me to pray for it to stop. I have prayed and prayed and will continue to. Because that is what Moms do. We fight for our kids. And so I am being very vulnerable and open with you and asking you to pray too for Erika. Pray for healing and for our faith to increase and for us to have wisdom.
Thank you.

Praying for your precious little one and your entire family.
ReplyDelete